* 24 large mussels with shells
* 4 dried red chillies or peppers
* 8 garlic cloves
* A small piece of ginger
* ¼ tsp garam masala
* ¼ tsp cumin seeds
* 2 tbsp vinegar
* ½ tsp sugar
* ¼ cup oil for cooking
* 1 onion, chopped
* Smear the mussels with salt and set aside.
* Grind all the spices with vinegar, adding the sugar and salt.
* Marinate the mussels in the ground spices for two hours.
* Heat oil on a moderate flame in a frying pan.
* Sauté the onion and add the mussels.
* Stir-fry for 10 minutes or till it becomes soft.
* Now place each mussel into a half shell and garnish with coriander.